Best.Energy is a global leader in energy monitoring and management and our mission is simple: to forge a built environment that is more energy efficient, more intelligent, more sustainable, and more pleasing to live and work in.
Our industry leading technology and products are used in over 40 countries by hundreds of well known brands such as KFC, 7-Eleven, Walmart, IBM and McDonalds. We’re an outcomes focused business, and in the last 18 months, we have grown substantially and are proud to have such talented people in our business. This is a brilliant opportunity to use your electrical background to support organisations in their decarbonisation journey and make real impact! To help us on our journey, we need more brilliant people to join us to tell the world about the great story never told. If working with purpose is important to you, and you want to contribute to protecting our planet, then read on.
The Role - Field Service Engineer
As a Best.Energy Field Service Engineer, you’ll be responsible for visiting sites across the UK and repairing energy management systems (EMS) building management systems (BMS)
Using your professional skills and experience, you’ll be expected to diagnose faults and carry out repairs on site, regularly communicating with various people within Best.Energy regarding the on-site fault to get our clients back up and running within SLA guidelines. If you haven't worked on commercial sites before, we'll provide the training you need to do so.
Our world class products and services lead the way in energy efficiency and play an integral part in achieving decarbonisation and net zero goals for companies across the globe. Come and be a part of something truly amazing whilst utilising your professional skills.
- Visiting client sites to diagnose and repair faults and equipment, working to SLA agreements and timeframes.
- Assist engineers with installations.
- Reporting back to in house teams to raise technical issues.
- Communicating with stakeholders.
- You’ll be expected to work out of hours, on call which will be set with your line manager.
You - Field Service Engineer
To be successful in this role you’ll need a few things:
- IoT experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC systems.
- Commercial kitchen knowledge.
- Problem solver: be naturally curious about solving electrical problems and fault fixing.
- Articulate: in order to communicate well with multiple stakeholders including clients in person, as well as over the phone and via email.
- Self starter: due to the nature of the role, a lot of time may be spent alone going from site to site. Being able to motivate yourself to achieve the work is key.
- Adaptable: life can be fast moving at Best.Energy, especially for a field based role. Being able to adapt to client needs is crucial.
Due to the nature of the role, you’ll be able to work away when required, in some cases this can be 1 or 2 nights per week so please consider this carefully before applying.
What You’ll Get - Life at Best.Energy
Life at Best.Energy is busy - make no mistake about that! We’re people on a mission (and a great one at that) and we all look after each other.
- Field based working - van provided.
- Location: South East/Kent/London
- Pension scheme through NEST Pensions.
- 33 days inclusive holiday allowance
- Enhance paternity leave
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Family Care leave
- 2 Volunteer Days per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Monday - Friday 08.00 - 17.00
- Salary £35-£40k per annum DOE + additional for overtime and call out.
We celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success at Best.Energy. We’re working hard to make sure we’re inclusive. We welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, candidates with disabilities and veterans. We encourage applications from all socio-economic backgrounds so if you’re brilliant at what you do then we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We’ll be happy to help.